Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Book Review: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (Minor Spoilers!)

Genre: Fiction (LitRPG, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Dystopian)
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

"Very entertaining! This novel made me want to be even more of a geek and embrace the culture in new ways. Everything about this was so incredibly smart, especially the protagonist, Wade. He was able to thoroughly wrap his mind around two worlds: a crumbling, ever-more destitute Earth and an extremely complex simulated world, with a fabricated identity. I was increasingly impressed with his diligence to facts about Halliday, and his perseverance to win. As for the latter world, how completely incredible would it be to create an entire world devoted to every subject you love for others to roam and live in? The idea that such a universe could exist is both fantastic and terrifying. I appreciate the realness of Wade's relationships, and I am very satisfied with the ending. Lastly, I believe the movie did a good job of matching the novels epic qualities (however, the book is always, always better)."
Sequel Ready Player Two to be published Nov. 24, 2020


Check out:
More awesome Ready Player One inspired art!
https://pin.it/6irngGA

The book!
https://g.co/kgs/txM7JT

Follow me on Goodreads to find out what I'm currently reading! 👑🐱
goodreads.com/thekatielady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's what you missed:

Let's get introductions out of the way...

How are you? I'm Kate. You like my blog title?... Well, let's forget I asked, because I like it and that's what really ma...