Genre: High Fantasy
Series: The Chronicles of Narnia, book 6/7 (1/7 chronologically)
"I've read this story many times and I enjoy it every time. Back when I wasn't as mature of a reader as I am now, I did not appreciate Lewis's seemingly endless descriptive style. I now realize how similar my own writing style is to his. The way he describes a character or a character's feelings, or a grand turn of events, or the splendor of Narnia is so complete and satisfying. This story is shorter than its contemporaries which makes it a suitable work for young readers who want to delve into classic fantasy. The wisdom of the book's God character, Aslan, as well as the many homages to the Biblical story of creation are wonderful. At completing it I wish Narnia were real."
Follow me on Goodreads to find out what I'm currently reading. 🌩🐣
goodreads.com/thekatielady




No comments:
Post a Comment