I'm Kate.
You like my blog title?... Well, let's forget I asked, because I like it and that's what really matters.
I don't know how you came to stumble into my little writing space. Perhaps it's still a private space and I invited you. Perhaps you found me by accident. Either way, I'm genuinely surprised but grateful you ended up here.
While I don't have any concrete plans for this space yet, I do know that it has potential. How easy would it be to just catalog my daily life with a cell phone camera instead?
Well, that's the thing-- it's not easy at all. It takes quite a bit of talking, smiling, acquiring the consent to film from those around you, and a plethora of other fun things that, quite frankly, leave you with little energy in the end. I've tried it once. I quickly learned that I'd rather edit some text than footage.
But back to not having plans...
The important thing is, I am learning something new about myself every day. I find myself realizing what I'm doing in the moment instead of shutting down and reviewing the memory later. I'm catching myself having thoughts of all kinds all day long. A younger Kate would have taken those thoughts and ran with them, accepting them. The woman I am growing into, recognizing the power she truly possesses, harnesses those thoughts to build something good upon them, or refuses them entirely. Did you know that not every thought you have is truth?
Not only that, but you have the power to dismiss thoughts and never dwell on them again. How wonderful is that?
Even further, I am more aware than ever of how my actions or reactions affect those around me. I am a supporting character of many people's stories and only an extra in others'. If one wanted it, I would be a villain of their life tale. It's all a matter of perspective. My own perspective is only one of billions in this world. What a humbling idea.
There's another perspective that matters the most, in my personal belief, and it belongs to God Almighty. How does He see me? Who am I to Him, the maker of Heaven and Earth? What importance will I choose to give to His perspective?
No matter what I do or what I say, it can have many interpretations dependent upon who witnesses them or is affected by it.
But hey, let's not forget my own perspective.
Who am I?... To me?
I get more and more answers to this and many more questions all the time and it's the kind of self-awareness and self-reflection that I wish more people would delve into. The results, so far, include a better relationship with myself and with my loved ones. And with customers I help at work. And with past relationships from which I never received closure. And the strangers I pass as I walk down the street.
'Wow, that lady I just helped wasn't very nice in return. Did she misunderstand what I said? Maybe she's just having a bad day and needed to vent to someone. Maybe she's under a lot of stress. I'm sure I behaved that way in the past. I hope she feels better soon.'
When was the last time your self-talk sounded like this?
You see, if you only allow yourself, you can have connection with every person you encounter. That knowledge of the human connection, of what we all have in common, will rewire the default, immediate reactionary response in your brain. As a result, the power over your own manner increases. How would you like to be so emotionally strong that no harsh word could move you? That's my goal.
With that power also comes humility and a brand of grace that is the crown of true kings and queens.
This is all a ramble for my first blog post and I'm no professional writer... but I hope you, my discerning reader, now have a glimpse of what goes through my head every day and how I wish to design my blog.
Ignorance is not bliss. Oftentimes it is a fatal decision.
This world may have its issues, but I'm confident that it was originally made beautiful. When you choose ignorance, you choose to be blind to beauty.
These little beauties are sown here and there into the fabric of our lives like gleaming pearls, a wealth that no one can take away from us.
And, oh, the things I have been learning lately!
My family's personalities and traumas.
How to speak Spanish.
The art of makeup application for my own skin type.
How to let go of people.
Even "simple" things like European countries and capitals and how to play the piano.
Such wealth!
In conclusion, I just want to say that I hope you keep reading, and while you do, I hope you find out how you can get this kind of wealth (knowledge, understanding, wisdom and self-awareness) for yourself. ♢
No comments:
Post a Comment